Supporting you in the birth you choose and want
I believe in the wonderful capability of the woman’s body to naturally birth beautifully healthy babies. Sometimes birth does not go as hoped because of emergencies, but other times it does not go as hoped because of unnecessary interventions. You deserve the birth you choose and want.
A doula is a trained professional who accompanies women in labor to help them have a more satisfying birth experience. A doula provides emotional support, reassurance and perspective to you and your partner, suggestions for labor progress, and help with relaxation, massage, positioning and other techniques for physical comfort.
A Labor Doula can help you:
- Understand your birth options
- Have more confidence in your birth
- Create a peaceful birth environment
- Enhance the labor support of your partner
- Feel more connected to your partner during the birth
- Sustain autonomy during your birth
- Reduce chances of unnecessary interventions or C-Section
- Have a shorter, more satisfying labor experience
- Get breastfeeding off to a great start
- Decreased postpartum depression
Labor Doula Services Include:
- 1 pre-birth meeting, lasting for 2 hours (not including initial interview)
- Unlimited email, phone, and text support from time of hiring through delivery
- Access to local resources
- 24/7 on-call beginning at 38 weeks until delivery
- Attendance at birth from active labor through delivery
- Access to back-up doula if ever an extenuating circumstance prevents me from attending
- Support for 1 hour immediately following the birth to assist with breastfeeding and answer questions
- 1 Postpartum Follow-up meeting lasting 1 hour to discuss the birth, admire your baby and answer any questions
My fee for Labor Doula Services is $1,000.
I believe every woman should be able to have a doula if they choose. Other options may be available, and will be considered on a case-by-case basis.
Schedule a free 1-hour consultation to find out if I am the right doula for you!
Supporting you after birth for a smooth adjustment to motherhood.
The major role of the postpartum doula is to help the family in the first couple of months by educating and supporting so that they feel empowered to care for their newborn with confidence. Studies have shown that women who have social support during the postpartum period tend to have less postpartum depression, breastfeed for a longer duration, and make a better adjustment to parenthood.
A Postpartum Doula can help you:
- Have more confidence as a new parent
- Learn baby care techniques
- Have greater breastfeeding success
- Get more rest!
- Feel nurtured, nourished, and hydrated
- Find local resources you will need as a new parent
- Facilitate bonding with your baby
- Feel empowered
Postpartum Doula Services Include:
- 100% emotional support for family
- Assist with non-medical self-care recovery measures for mom
- Routine baby care assistance and guidance
- Breastfeeding support, guidance & information
- Rest/relaxation time for mom and baby
- Errands (picking up groceries, etc.)
- Care for older siblings (while mom cares for baby or vice/versa)
- Resource information (provide resources for your family to develop continuing positive parenting support and education)
- Household assistance (organizing nursery, “picking-up”, washing dishes, laundry, preparing nourishing meals and watering plants)
My fee for Postpartum Doula Services is $35/hr for singletons and $38/hr for multiples.
Schedule a free 1-hour consultation to find out if I am the right postpartum doula for you!